Trinity Pantry is a Client Choice food pantry
Client choice means Pantry shoppers select only the food they want & will use
COVID-19 procedure currently in effect
Due to the recent health care crisis, COVID-19 and with the recommendation of the Lancaster Office of Emergency Management and the Erie County Health Dept., Trinity Pantry has implemented the following open hours:
Modified hours of operation as of 9/1/21 - WEDNESDAY ONLY 7:30 AM - 11:00 AM and 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Trinity Pantry Policies
It is the policy of Trinity Pantry to:
1. Welcome & serve on an emergency basis anyone who comes to us at 5448 Broadway (entrance on the east side of the Church Hall)
2. Welcome & serve on a regular basis those who have been certified. Certification criteria include the following:
- Residency - live in Lancaster or Bowmansville, that is, have a mailing zip code of 14086 or 14026.
NOTE - we refer residents in the 14043 zip code to the Tri Community Pantry at 722 Terrace Blvd.
3. Be open to distribute food eight (*) hours per week (non-covid)
- every Wednesday morning from 8:00 to 11:30 AM
- every Wednesday evening from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- every Friday morning from 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM
During inclement weather listen to channel 2 or 7 for Pantry closing.
4. Treat all clients with dignity & respect
5. Ask clients to follow a few simple procedures when they visit the pantry. Namely:
- bring at least two (2) sturdy shopping bags if they have them
- take a number & wait their turn
- sign in when number is called
- wait two (2) weeks before returning to the pantry
6. Seek donations from the community. The Pantry purchases food from the Food Bank of WNY & also as a regular paying customer at local retail stores. However, without donations of both food & money, the Pantry would be unable to fulfill its mission to supplement the food resources of low income household in our community.
Trinity Pantry also Serves Shut-Ins
Ask our volunteers to "shop" for you. We will deliver your food if you are confined to your home, unable to visit the Pantry. Please contact the Pantry @ 683-1111
What if I need food right away
You may come to the church any time it is open and ask for emergency food.
There is a ready-packed bag in the kitchen which will be given to you in return for your name and phone number.
When you certify at the Pantry bring with you:
- Identification (for yourself and members of your household), such as:
- driver's license
- social security card
- Proof of Residency, such as:
- utility bill
- landlord statement
Trinity Pantry is a mission of Trinity Episcopal Church. Pantry services are available to all who are qualified regardless of religious affiliation.
Interested in volunteering or donating?
Trinity Pantry is entirely staffed by volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering on a regular basis or just occasionally (helping to unload and sort foodstuff following deliveries or food drives), you can printout the attached form on the Trinity Pantry Volunteer page and submit it to the Director at .
High school students can volunteer at the Pantry to satisfy their Community Service requirement as long as they obtain approval from their school and the Pantry Director.
Donations are gratefully accepted anytime. Paper products are always in great need, especially toiletry items.
Trinity Pantry Announcements & Special Events
- The Pantry's Volunteer Director - Tammie Schaefer
- We would like to send our sincere thanks to the organizations that provide us with the opportunity and the support of the community that enables us to assist our clients.